Election Day is Tuesday and Green Party candidates need your vote!!!
5 % of the vote is a victory for Jill Stein and Ajamu Baraka. It will qualify the Green Party for recognition as an official national party, and for federal funding in the 2020 presidential race proportional to the amount of votes received — at least $8 million to $10 million. It would also secure ballot access in a number of states that automatically grant ballot status if the presidential candidate receives anywhere from 1 percent to 5 percent of the vote (varying by state). It means the party can leap over the undemocratic barriers to ballot access for independent parties in many states, and help us lay the groundwork for a truly competitive challenge to the two-party system and the corporate rule it perpetuates.
Learn more about their campaign at Jill2016.com
In the 140th Assembly District Anthony Baney needs your support in his race against a 40 year incumbent. Baney has anchored his assembly run on the legalization of cannabis, the bolstering of NYS-wide mental health services, and the reform of NY’s corrupt Industrial Development Agencies. Baney was a participant of the Occupy Buffalo encampment in Niagara Square and is a founding member of the Buffalo Cannabis Movement.
Visit Anthony's Facebook page to learn more about his campaign.
In the race for US Senate, Robin Laverne Wilson’s platform is based on four ideas: Planet, People, Peace and Prosperity.
- Renewable energy and jobs
- Protect water, air and land
- Local and sustainable food supplies
- Divest from all fossil and nuclear energy
- Universal access to housing and healthcare
- Free public college tuition
- Educational system overhaul
- End mass surveillance and incarceration
- Gender & LGBTQ Equality
- Policing transparency and accountability
- Election reform and voter/ballot access
- End imperial wars and occupations
- Fair immigration and asylum reform
- Medicinal and recreational cannabis
- Truth & Reconciliation
- Student & mortgage debt relief
- Indexed living wages & income caps
- Local community control and development
- Community-owned banks & utilities
- Universal public internet
Find out more at Robinforsenator.com
Finally, the Green Party of Erie County is in the unfortunate position of asking you not to vote for some of the candidates appearing on its line this election day. James V DePasquale (60th State Senate District) & Ruben Cartagena Jr (61st State Senate District) were both placed on the Green line by Republican operatives looking to influence the results of those races, and Steven Meyer (146th Assembly District) who filed something known as an opportunity to ballot petition to steal the Green line. Voting on the Green line for these candidates will only encourage future manipulation of our ballot line.